The Human Change Management Institute (HUCMI), an international change management training and consulting company in 28 countries, signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with Kleos Advisory Services to deliver world-class change management training in Nigeria.
The MOU, which was signed on March 12, 2017, will see both institutions bring excellence in managing the human factor in organizational changes, thus creating a solid base for projects in Africa to achieve their stated objectives.
HUCMI has established training centres around the world. With such presence, HUCMI’s strategic intent is to promote the advancement of the change management profession around the world.
“We intend to share our organizational change management knowledge with leaders of all areas – HR, IT, Process and Quality professionals and especially project managers and PMOs. Our dream is to see every single project considering the human factor as an essential component to achieve its business objectives.”
“HUCMI and Kleos are learning organisations, and we believe that together, we have the knowledge to share with the business community in order to have a positive effect on the Nigerian economy.
“We have come together to sign an MOU on what would be a mutually beneficial journey in the Nigerian business market. This is an offshoot of the recent agreement between HUCMI and Kleos.’’
“We’ll provide a platform for the development of change agents who will transform Africa.’’
Who Should Certify in Change Management?
HUCMI is a Qualified Education Provider™ (QEP™) of the Association of Change Management Professionals® (ACMP®) for its HCMBOK® Training and Certification Program.
CCMP is a good fit for anyone who applies best practices in change management. Graduates include:
- Organizational change managers, change leaders and those involved in business transformation or business process improvement
- Project management leaders responsible for ensuring adoption and realizing benefits
- Human resource (HR) professionals looking for a certification that demonstrates more than basic HR skills
- Training and communication professionals working with teams on large roll-outs
- Knowledge management specialists transforming the way companies collaborate and use knowledge
- Professionals with widely recognized credentials in areas such as HR, project management, continuous improvement/six sigma, and change management wanting further marketplace differentiation
Benefits of the Training
- Credibility: Professes the participants’ knowledge and experience in change management
- Global recognition: Aligns them with an international standard related to the work they do (refer to The Standard for Change Management)
- Competitiveness: Enhances career prospects and gives them an edge in competitive situations
- Commitment: Demonstrates commitment to ongoing professional development in change management
Enabling Organizational and Social Change
The whole idea is to equip Nigerian business leaders and C-Suite executives with the skills to lead change in the ever-changing economic landscape.
Kleos is partnering with HUCMI to deliver on common interests, adding that both organizations sees change management as “the means to influence society and not just the way by which managers and executives can make a living”.
“There’s some alignment of objectives between HUCMI and ourselves. One of the greatest problems that assail us in Africa is the dearth of management talents, and Kleos seeks to attain leadership in talent as well,” she said.
“We at Kleos are focused on developing change managers across Africa, and when we look at the African terrain, one of the biggest problems is the failure of projects due to low adoption rates.”
The training courses will begin in May 2017.